Sunday, November 2, 2008

Georgia Cheese!

Today I have to write a report on E. coli for my Food Science class--FUN! One more week and my class will move to Skills 2, where we'll be cooking every day. I heard that on the first day you have to make all of the mother sauces, which totally freaked me out. Still, I can't wait.

In the meantime, here's my latest post for Atlanta Magazine's Bites & Flights blog. I picked up a bunch of these cheeses at the Buckhead Whole Foods and brought them home for a tasting. If you live in the Atlanta area and have not been to the Buckhead Whole Foods, you MUST go! It is huge and awesome, a million steps up from the cramped one in the Emory area near our apartment. There's a sprawling prepared foods section, tons of fantastic produce, a huge selection of beer and wine, and, most importantly, plenty of samples. It's nearly as great as the flagship store in Austin, which may be my favorite place on Earth. My mom and I went back three times during a three-day Texas trip a couple of years ago.

Of course, this mega-Whole Foods is the only one in the area that carries the local cheeses I was writing about. The manager at the Briarcliff store did tell me that they are hoping to stock them soon, however. Thank you to Zack and Andrea for being superb cheese-tasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment